Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Welcome Party <6 Dec 05>

Today I am so please because the Okumura lab members gave me a welcome party. They prepared everything by taking a train to Nagatsuta (2 stations from Suzukakedai campus) and buy foods, beverages, and snacks for the party. In the evening, I don't know when and where the party will occur. Tamura sung (the one who sits in front and wears eye glasses) is the manager for this party. He sent mail to me the day before party to ask whether I'm free or not for today. He just gave a rough information that they will have a welcome party for me. I noticed mail in the late night and reply back to him. Even it's not too long for prepration, they suddenly disappear after the evening class for seminar and I didn't get any information from them. I just keep sitting on my desk and wait for someone to inform me something.


About 7.00 p.m., they returned to the lab and bring those kinds of stuffs. Ohh.. it is very beautiful and delicious foods and very special for me too. They cannot speaek English well but try to talk and explain everything to me. It is a topnotch welcome party that I ever have. We need not to go outside and spend a lot of money. We can entertain within the lab and everyone helps to clean the garbages after the party. We also drink a little of alcohol though. They all share 1000 Yen each except me, but at the present Tamura still cannot collect his money back from other members yet.
Thank you very much for all of them :) How's about my Japanese friends' looking?

2 comments:

DoraYao said...

What a surprise party you have. Very warm welcome! Sushi looks so delicious too (totemo oishiiso). Nice to read your blog for the first time. Please blog anything when you are free. Take care.

KonG said...

Sorry that I didn't enable anonymous comment, but now it's working! Actually, it's 1000 Yen not 100 Yen per person and the total number of members is about 15 persons on that day (not only the ones in picture). Nice to hear from p'kaew and p'yong krub. Thanks for leaving messages.