Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hiroshima Trip <13-15 Dec 05>


During 13-15 Dec, I visit Hiroshima for a joint seminar in Hiroshima City University. Okumura lab offers to pay the expenses for air-ticket and hotel including giving the remain pocket money (about 6,000 Yen) from total 40,000 Yen budget for each person. I just spend my own money for foods and transportations.

We take a flight at Haneda Airport (the newest airport of Japan) to Hiroshima. It's going to be the time for boarding but there is a problem for me. In the security checking area before entering the gate, the security girl ask about "pass-su-con". I thought that she want me to show passport but luckily I bring it too. I try to find passport in my bag but I cannot find it, where I kept my passport? It seems very exciting at that time, I almost move everything including my clothes, my socks, etc. out of my bag in order to find the passport. Takamura sung, a lab member, tell me that "pass-su-con" is "electronic device". Then I pick up my notebook computer and ask that "korewa desuka?". Oh.. actually, "pass-su-con" is "plasma computer". When I look back behind me, there is a lot of passengers waiting for security checking. Oh.. damn am I. I have to pass the metal checking machnie too and it's beep. I have to take of my belt and my shoe. She doesn't touch the passenger as in Thailand does :( Finally, I pass through the gate and can boarding at the last group. Oh.. Very tired!




After landing by ANA airline, we go to the central of city by airport bus limousine. We keep the stuffs in the hotel and looking for "Okonomiyaki", a famous Hiroshima food which we can call Japanese Pizza, shop for having lunch. There are a lot of Okonomiyaki in one building. We just walk pass shop by shop for surveying how famous of each shop. Finally, we sit at one shop. It's quite different from Okonomiyaki as I used to eat in Thailand. For our menu, every egg that is used for making Okunomiyaki is a twin egg yolk! Wow, terrific both the show for cooking of owner and taste. Let's come to try by yourself.




We go to the world heritage that is the remained thing after atomic bomb. We also visit the atomic bomb memorial musuem. Luckily that it has Thai audio guide. The emotion after you visit the museum is about the loss and depress. It's very terrible if you see the people who was attacked by bomb.

In dinner time, Okumura sensei and other lab members come to join. This is the restaurant that serves real Hiroshima food. Main dishes are Kaki (oyster) and local fishes. You can see from the pictures. After check bill, we almost get shock because the price for each person is about 8000 Yen. Even real Japanese, they think that it is very expensive (totamo takai desu) dinner.



In the next day, we go to Hiroshima City University for joint meeting. Unfortunately that all presentations are held in Japanese language, I just roughly get the clue what their researches about but not deeply in detail. The university offers an Italian lunch for us but as you know about the Italian food, it is the same all places in the world. We go back after 6.00 p.m. and have dinner in the central of city. We order a lot of food but the price of each dish is not greater than 390 Yen (a campaign of this restaurant). When we pay the bill, they just let me pay only 1000 Yen because I'm guest! Oh.. very generous friends. We go out the restaurant and continue to eat ramen at the near shop. It is Japanese style to eat in many places with many kinds of food in one meal, I just know. Actually on the first day, they went to eat Okonomiyaki again after expensive dinner, but I made an excuse to return hotel. Tonight, they invite me to one room of the member for drinking. They buy a champagne and tasty cocktails, but I don't bring anything because I don't know. They ask me to join when we already reach hotel. We talk about many things including some secret topics :) I just know that they are the scuba divers also. They got the license in Philippines and had many dives. Hope that we can dive together once in Thailand.





On the last day, we travel to "Miyajima", an island near to Hiroshima. It has a shrine (sarn-jao) on the sea. It is one of the 3 most important sightseeing places of Japan. It has nothing. just the architecture of stilts in the mid of sea. We walk in the shrine and I take a fortune telling paper even I cannot read though. They translate to me and said many things, I remember just one fortune tell that "if i love anyone, that one will love back to me". Oh.. lucky. We have lunch in one shop. Another famous dish of this city is "A-na-go" (conger eel) with rice.
This is my first time in eating eel :o We also eat some local sweets, and buy local souvenirs. We go home by ferry the same means as we came here but different way. We catch the train and the bus to the airport. We return Tokyo safely but I did mistake again by getting on the express train which is not stop at the station of my apartment. I have to take the returned local train back from Yokohama. Hahaha.. funny and tired.

No comments: