Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Second day of Adventure (2 Dec 05)


Oh.. very early morning for wake up today. I cannot adjust my jet-lag yet so I could not sleep well. This time is 5:30 a.m. local time. We slept at 10:00 p.m. last night without writing any paper because we're very tired for yesterday activities. Ajarn is still sleeping wearing his pyjamus (oh! cool). I try to repack my stuff again by hoping that it will becomes lighter. After unsuccessful and got wound from that, I go to shower instead.

Today, we have to move out to another hotel near to Ebisu station and go to TOKODAI, Ookayama campus for meeting some Prof. A mistake occurs when we pass the ticket stamping machine. We cannot find the escalator or elevator to lift us up to platform. We cannot go out because of already stamp the ticket. Therefore, I have to lift my big luggage up the stairs step by step. It is very very tired and heavy. No one offers for helping because it's the morning and everyone hurries to work. Finally, Ajarn comes down to find me after I pass half of 40 steps and he helps to lift the rear part of luggage. That's the easily way to lift the heavy luggage which I knew from having a trip with P'Kaew, but I didn't dare to ask Ajarn to help at that time. After check-in to hotel, we move to Ookayama campus. At first sight, this campus is quite beautiful. The leafs of plant are starting to change their colors to be yellow, orange and red. Many big sakura trees locate here. There are some students riding their bicycles to school. I just got the information that Ajarn didn't tell the Prof. that we will meet today in advance. Actually, they are his old colleages and friends. He just comes instantly without prior appointment. We couldn't find the first Prof because she's now in the class, but we could catch the second one in another building. I ask him for any contribution I could do with his laboratory but usually no commitment at the first time we meet. We finish talking and move to talk with the first one again. We find her on the way when we're snooping in each classroom. Muscular Japanese talking happens among Ajarn and her, but I just keep smiling and say "Hai", "Sodesune".


We have lunch here in canteen of campus. The price is cheaper but still a bit expensive for me, 388 Yen for a cup of curry pork with miso soup. After that we moves to Suzukakeidai campus because we will discuss about what I will do here with Okumura sensei. We connect about 3 trains to reach there. It's still confused me about the direction and the station's names.

Today, I have my own table with Debian OS computer in the lab. I still not remember the name of members, and there are some members that I didn't meet them yesterday come to introduce themselves. Oh.. at least there is one Japanese master degree girl works here too. Her name is Yoshida (what's the meaning, who knows?). She's wearing fashion style and make up in Japanese way that is underline the eyepit with heavy black color. From my opinion on two days being here, All of Japanese girls look cute but they are similar in their looking. Not too often that we can see the outstanding one, because they all already look cute by good dressing, hair style, her bearing and fine skin with pale color. It is also the same way as the guy. If p'kaew comes here, you will feel bored for moderate good-looking guys around here. Therefore, the ugly guy as I am may become popular here because it's scarce :P

In the evening, we have a time to walk in Shibuya. This place is crowded because it's the second big city in Tokyo and a lot of young generations walk around here. We also have dinner here. I'm starting to get bored with Japanese food. We also go to Tokyo Hand which is the big department store in Shibuya that sells Japanese-made things. I see a lot of cool things such as the cookie box which will yell out different words when you open the lid, the small flashlight to reduce static electricity, the flat star-shaped plastic which will change to a circle ball in the air when we throw it, etc. After that, we just walk around the Shibuya. I see a "Condomania" Shop which sell something that you expect, but I don't have time to inspect insight because I have to catch Ajarn. There is also a "Soap bar" which I have no idea either what is inside (what's your idea?). However, I do not see any secret place where my friend said about yet. Maybe, he has to give me an exact direction attached with map.

Oh... It passed midnight already. I have to wake up very early to write papers. We have to finish them before Ajarn return to Thailand. I hope I will get some messages from any of you krub. C ya.

P.S. If you want to leave a comment for this posting, you just simply click the comment, But if you want to contact or discuss something with me instead of using mail, please go to http://kind.siit.tu.ac.th/~kong/ and visit my Webboard there. I often check it.



No comments: