Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cooking Skill Improvement <7 Dec 05>


This morning I wake up very early because I have my first Japanese class at 9.00 a.m. It's quite late to join them this time because they already passed 15 chapters from 25 chapters. I cannot catch the lesson well but it's better than not joining.
After having class I have lunch in canteen of univ. It's cheaper than eating outside but still costly (399 Yen for simple meal). After that I have to go home early about 2.00 p.m. because I made an appointment with Nong Toon (a brother who I stay with) to bring me to district office for making an alien card. After finish, N'Toon go to work but I go to shop in the supermarket nearby. I bought lots of stuffs for cooking tonight. Today I have shrimp which cost about 390 Yen for about 15 pieces, not too much expensive!

My skill of cooking is improved rapidly. Today I have fried broccoli with shrimp and fried pork plating with bread flour and mizo soup. Luxurious !!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

เขียนภาษาไทยได้มะเนี่ย อุ๊ยเห็นรูปข้างล่าง น่ากินอ่ะ
นกมา comment แล้วน๊า

DoraYao said...

Hi Kong, Nok, and everyone. Kong's food (shrimp dish) looks sooooooooooooooooooo delicious! I'm glad that Kong enjoy cooking!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I got your blog address and now I can post comment na. Seems cooking cost is getting smaller than before and the taste is getting better! I really want to show you around a food shop to suggest cost-effective materials for you!! I recommend you to add "katsuobushi", "nori", "kimuchi", "tsukudani(there are can-packed ones)", etc.. to stay cheap :)
By the way oid is pronounced "Abura" not "Kabura".

(Yoi)

KonG said...

Aha.. Thanks for suggestion but I cannot find those kind of things for sure becasue they write the label in Kanji. Come on, come to show how you could stay in the costly country. I cannot find some needed vegetables such as chilly, basil or red onion. How I can completely cook? I would like to show my cooking skill to Japanese members in the lab once but quite sure that they cannot eat my spicy food.

Anonymous said...

okok, maybe you could ask your friends to write them down in Kanji form. I have never seen red chilly, basil etc.. being sold in a regular food shop in Japan. Japanese menues that could be added spiciness is very limited in my opinion. You can make "Japanese curry", "Udon" spicy as much as you want, but those are far from the Thai food tastes... (Yoi)