Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mind-Soul-Body

In the last few months I've learned a tremendous amount about myself,
my life, the disease and the body.
I thought I had a pretty good understanding of the mind-soul-body connection.
Dealing with the soul amendment has taught me a great deal more.

I'm learning a lot from my body. It takes things in stride and does what it needs to do.
It lives in present time and deals with whatever is happening in the moment.
It wants me to pay attention to it and give it what it needs.
When I stay in a hot weather, my mind perceives that my body sweats and
needs more comfortable environment. I have to go shower or stay in a comfortable place
while my mind is not fidgety with those that happen to my body.

I try to tune into what the body wants to eat, not what my mind wants
or thinks it should have.
I've had this tremendous craving for Japanese food and never tire of it.
I try not to stuff myself, though, as my body gets tired when I overeat.
I try not to tire it. I still exercise, but avoid pushing it to fatigue.
Meditation helps to relieve stress, as I see that stress is very difficult for
the body to handle in large doses, but I rarely have time to do it.
I'm doing my best to sleep and rest when the body needs it,
instead of supercharging it with power drinks.
I exercise when I can, rest when I'm tired. Sleep has been difficult, but I'm working on that.

Everything seems to be alright for mind and body separation,
but I am wondering whether I am sick or not.

No comments: